|Name||Mapo Tofu||Initial Stats/Ascended Stats|
|Fav Food||Avocado Salad||HP||582/|
|CN VA||Yu Tou||Crit||1123|
|EN VA||Crit. Dmg||432|
|JAP VA||Tadokoro Azusa||Atk Spd||1065|
|Event (Temple Fair)|
|Spicy and Delicious||Mapo Tofu deals 100% of her Atk stat plus 35 extra damage and 40% of her Atk stat per second plus 10 damage per second for 3 seconds to the farthest enemy, while also silencing all enemies for 3 seconds.|
|Spicy and Tender||Mapo Tofu deals 100% of her Atk stat to the farthest enemy plus 502 extra damage, while also increasing the normal attack damage inflicted to the enemy with the highest Def by 30% for 5 seconds.|
|Linked with Lion’s Head|
|Super Spicy and Tender||Mapo Tofu deals 120% of her Atk stat to the farthest enemy plus 602 extra damage, while also increasing the normal attack damage inflicted to the enemy with the highest Def by 30% for 5 seconds.|
● Level 1: 100% of Atk + 35 damage, 40% of Atk + 10 damage and Silence for 3 seconds
● Level 21: 140% of Atk + 245 damage, 50% of Atk + 70 damage and Silence for 3 seconds
● Level 1: 100% of Atk + 502 damage, -30% Def for 5 seconds
● Level 21: 140% of Atk + 3514 damage, -30% Def for 5 seconds
● Level 1: 120% of Atk + 602 damage, -30% Def for 5 seconds
● Level 21: 170% of Atk + 4214 damage, -30% Def for 5 seconds
● High single target damage
● Basic skill silences all enemies and has damage over time
● Energy skill has a hefty Def debuff
● Powerful preferred Fallen
● Comes with an Artifact and a Gate of Trials
● Significantly less Atk Spd than Peking Duck
● Only available from Temple Fair
● Mapo has a high Atk stat and a decent Atk Spd stat, and her skills deal high single target damage.
● Mapo’s basic skill silences enemies, and its damage over time effect makes it stronger than most single target skills. A better version of Peking’s already amazing basic skill!
● Increasing normal attack damage taken by a foe is equivalent to reducing their Def, and a 30% Def reduction for 5 seconds is notably more potent than even Maofeng’s Energy Skill!
● Mapo’s preferred Fallen is Tsuchigumo, which is the strongest Fallen Angel (together with Uke Mochi Enhanced). Being able to have a 20% boost while using the best Fallen is another great addition to Mapo’s résumé!
● Mapo having an Artifact puts her even further above the competition. She is also projected to have a Gate of Trials (as she had one in CN), which makes building her Artifact much easier than for most others!
● Having less Atk Spd than Peking means that when it comes to just Silencing, Peking will do a better job until FAs can make up for the difference.
● Unfortunately, good things don’t come easy, and much like Turkey and Pizza, Mapo’s availability is also locked to a single ranking event.
Using Mapo Tofu
Mapo, for the most part, is a better version of Peking, the catch being that Peking has a much higher Atk Spd stat, making him stronger at CC until she gets fast enough.
While most Magic and Strength souls have to make do with either being DPS Souls with no CC, or being CC Souls with low DPS, Mapo gets the best of both worlds, being a strong DPS Soul with good CC.
Mapo’s ideal Fallen Angel setup would be a Resolute Tsuchigumo, but if she cannot reach ~18k Atk Spd, give her a Brave Fallen instead, unless you’re using her solely for her Silence, in which case she’ll need all the Atk Spd she can get anyway.
There are presently no Food Souls in the game who can come close to replicating Mapo’s ability to compete with the top DPS Souls while also providing CC, making her one-of-a-kind. As such, as long as your Mapo has enough ★s to outperform Peking, she’ll see use just about everywhere.
Mapo Tofu is an excellent all-rounder FS, with top-notch DPS and good CC. She even has an Artifact, and a Gate of Trials to facilitate its progression!
While her Artifact is not as easy to raise as Turkey’s was, just her stats and basic skill alone make her amazing, so do your best for the upcoming Temple Fair!